ZincNyx Energy Solutions is developing a range of energy storage products based on a novel zinc-air flow battery technology. A substantial market for these products exists in utility, commercial, industrial, remote power generation and similar applications. With powerful backing and a committed nucleus ZincNyx is expanding its product development team to capitalize on this rare opportunity.
ZincNyx requires a process engineer with a strong materials science background to lead the development of its manufacturing facility for gas diffusion electrodes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage the production of electrodes for small-scale deployment
• Investigate defect root-cause and propose corrective actions
• Investigate and propose process improvements
• Evaluate and select equipment for volume production
• Formulate and prepare catalyst ink for spray machine application
• Ensure quality of constituent materials
• Statistical analysis of production process
• Conduct controlled experiments to increase yield, performance and reliability
• Bachelor’s degree in Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Materials Science
• Five years’ experience in development or production in a related field
• Experience with prototype development and testing
• Experience with new product introduction and transition to volume manufacturing
• Must be fluent in English with excellent communication skills
• Training in materials science and/or principles of composite materials and structures
• Experience with gas diffusion membranes
• Experience with calendering machines
• Experience with powder mixing and fibrillation
• Experience with electro-chemical products and processes
• Experience in selecting and managing external suppliers and subcontractors
We offer a competitive salary with generous benefits.
Great location! Located close to the Canada Line Marine Drive SkyTrain station.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com