ZincNyx Energy Solutions is developing a range of energy storage products based on a novel zinc-air flow battery technology. A very substantial market for these products exists in utility, commercial, industrial, remote power generation and similar applications. With powerful backing and a committed nucleus ZincNyx is expanding its product development team to capitalize on this rare opportunity.
Working with domain specialists, the Test Engineer will participate in a variety of projects that involve tasks such as test planning, equipment assembly, system testing, data capture, result analysis and equipment maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, document and review test plans
- Execute test plans and record results
- Analyze test results and recommend improvements to both test-target and test-bed
- Maintain equipment functionality and cleanliness
- Maintain inventories of chemicals, test articles and other disposables through purchase orders and labelling
- Create equipment operating procedures, test procedures, and operations checklists
- Assemble electro-mechanical sub-assemblies according to procedures
- Continuously analyze and implement improvements to procedures for safety and efficiency
- Schedule test activities for timeliness and accuracy
- Adhere to safety and environmental procedures for self and fellow employees
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or Applied Science
- 2 years’ experience as a Test Engineer in a lab environment
- Computer literacy in Excel and Word
- Aptitude for electro-mechanical assembly and troubleshooting
- Ability to work with fluidic subsystems
- Ability to work from engineering drawings and BOMs
- Must be fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with typical chemistry lab equipment
- Ability to work with chemicals while observing all safety requirements
- Familiarity with P&ID specifications
- Experience with electrochemical systems
- Experience as a research assistant
- Exposure to fuel cell design and development tasks
- Experience with LabVIEW
We offer a competitive salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Great location! Located close to the Canada Line Marine Drive SkyTrain station.
No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com