ZincNyx Energy Solutions is developing a range of energy storage products based on a novel zinc-air flow battery technology. A very substantial market for these products exists in utility, commercial, industrial, remote power generation and similar applications. With powerful backing and a committed nucleus ZincNyx is expanding its product development team to capitalize on this rare opportunity.
Working within the hardware team, the Electrical Technologist will participate in a variety of projects that involve tasks such as verifying PCB design, assembling prototypes, preparing cable drawings, and managing bill of materials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, document and review verification plans
- Execute verification plans and record results
- Evaluate and source electrical components for long life performance (sensors, contactors, power supplies, etc.)
- Prepare and/or review technical drawings (cable drawings, P&ID, schematics, etc.)
- Assemble and test prototype electrical systems
- Maintain lab equipment functionality and cleanliness
- Maintain hardware design documentation and BOM’s
- Propose and investigate cost-reduction strategies
- Interface with third party certification labs for safety and EMC testing
- Adhere to safety and environmental procedures for self and fellow employees
- Diploma from an accredited Technical School
- 3 years’ experience as an electrical technologist in a lab environment
- Experience with board-level testing/troubleshooting techniques, and EMI mitigation
- Proficiency with electronic CAD tools
- Proficiency with electronic lab test and measurement equipment (oscilloscope, function generator, etc.)
- Aptitude for mechanical assembly and troubleshooting
- Ability to work from engineering drawings and BOMs
- Must be fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the industrial battery or power conversion industry
- Experience with LabVIEW.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Great location! Located close to the Canada Line Marine Drive SkyTrain station.
No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org